Friday, May 30, 2008

Eco Bags up for Consideration


I have met Tracy Penwell through my friend Karen Longo∙ They are buddies from their days at Thunderbird Graduate School of International Management. Tracey is with Rima Fine Art, a gallery in Scottsdale. She is also a designer in her own right. This is her latest email:



I (Tracy Penwell) am a finalist in the 2008 IHDA Best Handbags Competition . My "green" (eco-conscious) handbag, "Summertime", is one of five bags chosen from over 600 entries submitted from all over the world! "Summertime" is on display right now in NYC in a Harve Bendel display window!


But I really need your help: I am also a candidate for the "Audience Favorite Handbag" at the Awards. The winner will be decided by online voting, and YOU could help me put Scottsdale on the handbag eco-fashion map once and for all with TWO wins! Both awards will be announced at
the Awards Ceremony at the New York Historical Society on June 18th.


Would you please go online and vote for my bag, "Summertime"? Here's how: visit http://www.bagborroworsteal.com/ui/ihda . My bag is second from the top--just click on the "VOTE" button! And do you know any other handbag fans? Please ask them to vote too!


I've also relaunched my website for the handbags: http://www.dressedupcat.com. Take a look and see which of my newest bags is YOUR favorite. (If you can't live without it, whip out your card--you can now buy it online!) And if you can't get to the voting site through the link above, there is one in the lower left corner of my site.
Many thanks, everybody, and stay tuned for the results!

No comments: