Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Housekeeping-Important information for regular readers

Yes, Fred withdrew. That always happens to me. But a person can still vote for him if they so desire; or any of the 20 or 30 people on your ballot you have never even heard of. What is the point of that?

On another subject, I have been wondering why no one ever comments on my blog. Now I know. I had never looked at the comment settings (I only pretend I know what I am doing with this blogging stuff) and it seems that if you did not have a google account you could not comment. That, my friends, has been rectified. Google is amazing but that does not mean they are the only show in town. To have such a thing default in that way is a bit egotistical in my view; but then I guess Google has a right to a fat head. Anyway, it is now open for a free for all. I look forward to hearing from you; otherwise reading my own blog is a bit of snoozefest.

Finally, I am nearing the end of the latest season of 24 on DVD and I am no less in love with it. The show does have some issues, like that fact that no one EVER eats or drinks anything. And sometimes they do a lousy job of making the latest impossible plot resolution seem even the least bit realistic (like when Chang escaped and there just happened to be a chauffered driver waiting for him despite the fact that the US agents had "set up a perimeter"). But most of the time it is first rate. Putting people in the bunker with the President while he agonizes over what to do in a nuclear situation and not being able to trust a single person in the room is very well done and should make us all stop and think about the big picture. I could totally see Fred doing that but not one of the rest of them. So watch 24 and vote for Fred anyway.

1 comment:

melliemacker said...

Mom.
You are a huge dork and I am slightly offended that you didn't wait for me to watch the last season of 24.
Actually, I don't really care, Tony is off of the show now, right?
Anyway, I hope that this act of my commenting makes your day. In the meantime, check this out:

Best. Blog. Ever.


Oh and PS:
Ron > Fred.