Thursday, October 11, 2007

Atlas Shrugged Revolution

Seems it is the 50th anniversary of the Ayn Rand novel Atlas Shrugged. In the story she advocates for a sort of personal responsibility mode of living in the context of an objective reasoning philosophical approach. Google Atlas Shrugged right after you read about it on Wikipedia and that will help explain the philosophy.

Right after I read a Shrugged anniversary article I was perusing Ron Paul for President website. It was real interesting to read a post by a young supporter to find out what attacted him to that campaign and his reflections on our society in general. Of course, I also hear a lot about this from my own little college student who is working on his campaign.

I am thinking that Ron was reading Rand and that sparked the revolution.

Anyone else think this is an interesting juxtaposition?

No comments: